Chelsea said to be monitoring Pochettino situation
By FootballBosses reporters
Sources at Sky Sports report that Chelsea may have placed Mauricio Pochettino at the top of their shortlist to succeed Antonio Conte if the Italian is to leave at the end of the season.
The Blues are said to be monitoring the situation very closely after the Argentinian, in his final post-match press conference of the season on Sunday, revealed that he and the Tottenham board are at a crossroads over the club’s long-term strategy; outlining that the club needs to make substantial investments to keep the “new project” moving in the right direction where they can compete for major trophies.
Spurs are set to move into a new 62,000- seater stadium and have now finished in the top three for three consecutive seasons, but Pochettino is clearly concerned that prudence on Daniel Levy’s part would not only be a missed opportunity to catalyse the club’s new era but could also cause them to fall behind their rivals as Arsenal did on their move to the Emirates.
Chelsea however, who plan to expand Stamford Bridge to a similar capacity, could use this as a stimulus to tempt Pochettino to West London through offering him the resources to match his long- term ambitions.Back
- 20th May 2018Heynckes: Frankfurt deserved DFB Portal win
- 20th May 2018Is this Conte’s last laugh over Mourinho?
- 19th May 2018Eusebio Di Francesco addresses reporters in last pre-match press conference of the season
- 19th May 2018Steve McClaren Takes Charge of QPR
- 19th May 2018Darren Moore: “The perfect place for me to start”
- 18th May 2018Heynckes looking to end third spell with a final highlight
- 18th May 2018Official: Paul Lambert leaves Stoke
- 18th May 2018PREVIEW: FA Cup Final- Chelsea vs Manchester United (19/05/18)
- 18th May 2018Jorge Jesus Remains in Charge for Final
- 18th May 2018Ralph Hasenhüttl leaves RB Leipzig